This blog is a record of what I’ve been reading and doing over the week. It might form a coherent piece or it might be a random garble. Sometimes I’ll post on just one piece that I feel deserves a whole post to itself.
What fun stuff am I reading this week?
Stats and psychology:
- How bad statistical inference can lead to bad traffic policies
- When frequentists and bayesians collide- can we all be friends in the end?
- Abandoning the need for p- it’s kinda hard but feels so good
- When Harry Potter meets Psychology
- Carl Zimmer’s take on sea unicorns – Spoiler alert: they’re whales
- Snakes just got even scarier– Homing Pythons. Ed Yong terrifies again
- My friend Duncan just joined the Peace Corps and now he is in Jamaica (I wrote him a recommendation!). He’s apparently falling in love with goats…